Having an investor-friendly agent at your disposal is crucial, whether you are a seasoned real estate investor or new to the game. Not all Las Vegas real estate agents have the experience and training to provide investors with the best service. Here is what you need to know if you are searching for a real estate agent to help you grow your property portfolio.
What Is an Investor-Friendly Real Estate Agent?
An investor-friendly real estate agent understands what professionals look for in potential rental properties. Most homebuyers looking for personal homes are concerned with cosmetic issues, including wallpaper, flooring materials, and kitchen design. On the other hand, investors are more concerned with the fair market rental value and the tax liabilities and benefits of a potential property. As an investor, you want an agent who is familiar with these metrics. Investor-friendly agents are familiar with terms such as real estate portfolio cash flow, return on investment, and operating expenses, and can help clients pick homes that will help them grow their businesses.
Places To Find Investor-Friendly Real Estate Agent
Finding experienced Las Vegas real estate agents familiar with investing can be challenging, especially if you do not know where to look. The most knowledgeable agents have a long list of referral clients and do not often seek new customers. Luckily, there are a few places to look for a suitable agent:
- The National Association of Realtors: NAR offers various certifications to distinguish real estate agents with specific skills, including providing a real estate investing designation given to agents who possess investing knowledge. Search the database on NAR’s website to find investor-friendly agents.
- Property Management Companies: Property managers often have personal relationships with real estate agents and can provide referrals. There are many property management companies in Las Vegas that work with agents familiar with investing practices. Contact a few property managers and ask for recommendations.
- Real Estate Investing Groups: Real estate investment groups are great to network with agents, property managers, and other investors. Many agents looking for new clients frequent investing meetings to connect and learn more about real estate investment best practices. Further, these groups often offer educational opportunities and resources that can help you grow your business. Popular investing groups include the National Real Estate Investors Association and the National Real Estate Investment Club.
Benefits of Hiring Investor-Friendly Agents
Working with a traditional agent unfamiliar with the property investment market is not the best choice if you are a real estate investor. There are numerous advantages of hiring an experienced agent, including:
- Gain access to off-market listings
- Identify market trends
- Build relationships in the Las Vegas real estate market
- Calculate returns of potential rental properties
Agents familiar with investing practices can help you identify homes that appeal to potential renters, allowing you to grow your business without taking unnecessary risks.
Work With EXP Realty
Are you looking for investor-friendly Las Vegas real estate agents? EXP Realty employs certified agents who specialize in working with investors. Contact us now to find your next rental property.